As 3D metal printing subcontractor, Raytech uses a EOS M290 metal printer. This type of 3D printer uses LBM (Laser Beam Melting) as print technology. LBM is also known as SLM (Selective Laser Melting).
Characteristics of LBM:
- Possibility to print complex internal cavities and structures.
- Highest possible precision using 3D metal print technology.
- Lowest grade of roughness possible with 3D metal print technology, enabling faster and more efficient post-processing.
Titanium: Strong – Light – Durable
- Components printed with the titanium alloy TiAl6V4 are both strong and extremely light. The material is also corrosion resistant which makes titanium a perfect material to print medical and aerospace applications.
Aluminum: Thermal – Light – Complex geometry
- The casting alloy is ideal to manufacture components with complex geometries with thin wall structures. Aluminum provides a balanced mix between strength, durability and dynamic characteristics. Components printed in aluminum are perfect for applications where a good combination between excellent thermal characteristics and lightness is required.
Minimum wall thickness: 0.4mm
Powder layer thickness:
• TiAl6V4 : 0.03 – 0.1mm
• AlSi10Mg: 0.03 – 0.06mm
Possible dimensional tolerances up to +/- 0.025mm