By laser beam welding, small elements can be joined together without additional material. Laser beam welding is possible in both sheet and tube material.
See also: Stud welding
Micro laser welding
Laser micro welding is used to join complex, miniscule components. For this purpose, Raytech has several dedicated welding machines. Besides small and high-quality welding seams, laser beam welding ensures low heat influence, resulting in minimal part distortion.
Tooling & fixtures
Before welding an exact positioning of the parts is essential in order to become a properly welded assembly. Herefore, tailor-made tooling & fixtures are necessary. By producing these toolings in-house, delivery times can be shortened.
Laser beam welding can be used to join thin-sheet components (made with e.g. laser cutting). Exact positioning & fixation allow to weld foil material with a thickness starting from 0,02mm.
Advantages laser welding
- No additional welding material
- Possibility to weld microscopic small components
- Fine welding seams, high precision
- Small HAZ, Heat Affected Zone. Limited heat influence results in minimal deformation
- Possibility to connect thin sheet materials (foil materials)
- Also possible to weld foil material to thicker sheets
- Production on CNC controlled machines which allow high production speeds
- Deep and long welding seams
- Laser welded connection can withstand high loads
- Possible in both sheet and tube material
Laser welded tubes